Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: MultiXact\SLRU buffers configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 20 Jan 2024, at 08:31, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 9 Jan 2023 at 09:49, Andrey Borodin <amborodin86@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 3, 2023 at 5:02 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> does not apply on top of HEAD as in [1], please post a rebased patch:
>>>
>> Thanks! Here's the rebase.
>
> I'm seeing that there has been no activity in this thread for more
> than 1 year now, I'm planning to close this in the current commitfest
> unless someone is planning to take it forward.

Hi Vignesh,

thanks for the ping! Most important parts of this patch set are discussed in [0]. If that patchset will be committed,
I'llwithdraw entry for this thread from commitfest.
There's a version of Multixact-specific optimizations [1], but I hope they will not be necessary with effective caches
developedin [0]. It seems to me that most important part of those optimization is removing sleeps under SLRU lock on
standby[2] by Kyotaro Horiguchi. But given that cache optimizations took 4 years to get closer to commit, I'm not sure
wewill get this optimization any time soon...

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAFiTN-vzDvNz%3DExGXz6gdyjtzGixKSqs0mKHMmaQ8sOSEFZ33A%40mail.gmail.com
[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/2ECE132B-C042-4489-930E-DBC5D0DAB84A%40yandex-team.ru#5f7e7022647be9eeecfc2ae75d765500
[2]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20200515.090333.24867479329066911.horikyota.ntt%40gmail.com#855f8bb7205890579a363d2344b4484d

От: Alexander Lakhin
Сообщение: Re: A performance issue with Memoize
От: Junwang Zhao
Сообщение: Re: Emitting JSON to file using COPY TO