Re: configurability of OOM killer

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: configurability of OOM killer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>> ... OOM_Killer
>>

> Egad.  Whoever thought *this* was a good idea should be taken out
> and shot:

If I read this right, http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/2/9/275 even the
shared memory is counted many times (once per child) for the
parent process - even though it's (obviously) not copy-on-write
so the shared memory's unlikely to contribute to problems.

I wonder if postgres startup should write something (warning?
at least log?) in the log file if the OOM killer is enabled.    I assume
most people who care deeply about their database dying would notice a
warning in log files; while  most people who don't mind the OOM killer
also wouldn't be too bothered by extra noise in the file.

От: Kenneth Marshall
Сообщение: Re: Reverse key index
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Merge condition in postgresql