Re: FW: bitemporal functionality for PostgreSQL

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: FW: bitemporal functionality for PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: FW: bitemporal functionality for PostgreSQL  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis wrote:
> Also, they use "period" to mean interval, and "interval" to mean
> duration -- which is wrong, in my opinion; interval already has a well-
> defined mathematical meaning.

Agreed, but that mistake actually originates from the SQL standard. The
SQL INTERVAL data type is really a duration, so I guess they had to come
up with a new term for interval in the mathematical meaning.

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: configurability of OOM killer
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations