Re: Permanent settings

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Permanent settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> What I'd really like to see is something like a new keyword on the SET
> command, so you could to SET PERMANENT foo=bar, which would write the
> configuration back into postgresql.conf.
>
> I don't have a complete solution for how to actually implement it, so I'm
> just throwing out some ideas for comment.

Not sure if it's of interest, but you might want to look at the postfix
mailserver configuration setup and see if that translates to an API.

postconf  lists the configuration settings (in alphabetical order)
postconf -n  list non-default settings
postconf <setting>  display "setting = value"
postconf -e <setting> = <value>  edit the configuration file, changing that setting

The editing option replaces any existing version of that setting and
adds the new value at the end of the file.

Having all the values at the end of the file works well, because for a
simple setup you don't need to change many settings and they don't
depend on order.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd