Re: pg_ctrl stop problems (psql 8.2.5)

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: pg_ctrl stop problems (psql 8.2.5)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
LARC/J.L.Shipman/jshipman napsal(a):
> Hello,
>     I am running postgresql 8.2.5 on Solaris 10.  When I try to shut
> down postgres using
>
> pg_ctrl -D datafile stop
>
> it does not shutdown.    Does anyone know why this is, or what files
> pg_ctrl access to determine
> the shutdown process.  We have tried deleting a pgsql semaphore file
> located in tmp.  This did not help.  Any help is appreciated.

Solaris uses SMF for starting and stopping postgreSQL. If postgres was started
by SMF then it tries to restart when it fails (or stopeed another way).

try

svcs postgresql

it shows you status.

svcs disable postgresql:version_82

stop postgresql.

See man postgres_82 for detail.

        Zdenek

От: Erik Jones
Сообщение: Re: pg_ctrl stop problems (psql 8.2.5)
От: "Anton Melser"
Сообщение: Re: Client-requested cast mode to emulate Pg8.2 on v8.3