Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Leif B. Kristensen" <leif@solumslekt.org> writes:
>> On Wednesday 26. March 2008, Ron Mayer wrote:
>>> ...a "pg" program that took as arguments
>>> the command.  So you'd have "pg createdb" instead
>>> of "pg_createdb".
>
>> I'll second that. ...
>
> I like this too.

Though I guess we might need to find a different name
if we want to go down that path.  "man pg" tells me
"browse pagewise through text files".

IMHO "postgres createdb" is still better than the
whole bunch of separate commands.

Or even "pgSQL createdb" just so people know it's
not a pre-SQL postgres database :-)

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)
От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Re: Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)