Re: Timezones in 8.2.7

От Joseph S
Тема Re: Timezones in 8.2.7
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> No, he's complaining that the share/timezone file tree wasn't
> world-readable.  I think that's plain old pilot error though.
> The install script shouldn't be second-guessing the umask it's
> given, any more than it second-guesses the file ownerships.

If binaries are made readable and executable despite the umask, then all
the files the binaries need to run should be made world readable.
Otherwise you set up this situation where something is likely to break
in a hard to figure out way.

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)
От: Joseph S
Сообщение: Re: Timezones in 8.2.7