Re: unnest multirange, returned order

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: unnest multirange, returned order
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, 2023-10-03 at 20:40 -0400, Daniel Fredouille wrote:
> > I'd say that the storag order is the order in which PostgreSQL stores
> > multiranges internally:
>
> Right, I believe that you are right but then this information is not useful for the developer.
> If storage order is always ascending by range order then let's make it clear,
> if order cannot be counted upon as it may evolve from postgres version to version,
> then let's make it clear as well. WDYT ?

I personally think that it is clear as it is written now.

If you have a good suggestion for an improvement, you could send it;
perhaps someone will pick it up.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Daniel Fredouille
Сообщение: Re: unnest multirange, returned order
От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: Unclear guarantees about sort order on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/queries-order.html