Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
kevin kempter wrote:
> I'm expecting 9,961,914 rows returned. Each row in the big table should
> have a corresponding key in the smaller tale, I want to basically
> "expand" the big table column list by one, via adding the appropriate
> key from the smaller table for each row in the big table. It's not a
> cartesion product join.

Didn't seem likely, to be honest.

What happens if you try the query as a cursor, perhaps with an order-by
on customer_id or something to encourage index use? Do you ever get a
first row back?

In fact, what happens if you slap an index over all your join columns on
xsegment_dim? With 7,000 rows that should make it a cheap test.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: kevin kempter
Сообщение: Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space