Re: error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database
Дата
Ответ на error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database  ("TIAN Justin" <yongjuntian@alcatel-lucent.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
TIAN Justin wrote:
> I met an error, when psql client version is 8.1.4, I use it to connect
> to remote database or local database, such as "psql -U name -p <port> -d
> <database> -h <ip>", it will prompt error message "psql: expected
> authentication request from server, but received ", but if the client
> version is 8.0.3, there is no problem, I don't know why, does it the
> configuration problem?

Please post the exact output you're getting in both cases.

What version is the server?

You should upgrade to the latest minor version, which is 8.1.11 for the
8.1 series, and 8.0.15 for the 8.0 series

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

От: "TIAN Justin"
Сообщение: error message "psql: expected authentication request from server, but received " when using psql to connect remote database
От: "Paul Jordan"
Сообщение: Getting the command line to work