Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 17:10 -0400, Chander Ganesan wrote:
>>
>>> I think a single link to training in a spot of its very own would
>>> provide a bit more visibility than being cluttered with some text
>>> and a link.  Perhaps we can have some list of the number of events
>>> as well?  Want training (22 events coming up!)?
>>
>> One option would be to remove events, news, training, and planet
>> listings and instead have larger and nicer representation for direct
>> links:
>>
>> Find a User group!
>> Get Training!
>> Latest News!
>> Our community Blogs!
>>
>> Each of those would be direct links respectively. This would
>> significantly reduce the noise on the page.
>
> Or we just remove the frontpage completely? ;-)

No that isn't what I said, let's not get silly.

> IMHO this would significantly reduce the value of the information
> there. If anything should be removed, it's IMHO the shortcuts and

I would argue it would make it much more valuable by making it actually
useful versus a big pile of pasta on a screen.

> "support us" sections. Second to that is training. All the others are

Support us takes up too much space, I agree. It should be a nice little
donate button somewhere on the top right or bottom right.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Git access?
От: Gabor PALI
Сообщение: Ask for Help on Improving the FreeBSD FAQ