Re: MS products and Postgres via ODBC

От JohnG@smartekcentral.com
Тема Re: MS products and Postgres via ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Corey,

The app is being programmed to use the C interface to postgres, which is working, is 98% complete, and we would rather not change it.  It does not use the ODBC for various reasons.

The error is [ERROR: Relation "customermaster" does not exist] from Microsoft Query, when trying to get external data from Excel.

The table is actually called "CustomerMaster", so of course if it's looking for "customermaster", it won't find it.

If you get through the error message, into Microsoft Query, and build the query there, the SQL it outputs is this:
=================
SELECT CustomerMaster.Branch, CustomerMaster.Customer, CustomerMaster.Name, CustomerMaster.Branch, CustomerMaster.Customer, CustomerMaster.Name

FROM CustomerMaster CustomerMaster
WHERE (CustomerMaster.Branch=1) AND (CustomerMaster.Customer<=1500)
=================

Nothing is quoted, and so it will never work.  So there is something odd here that the table and columns are not quoted properly.

I've attaced the log's, though I'm not sure what use they may be.

Thanks again!
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Corey W. Gibbs [mailto:cgibbs@westmarkproducts.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 5:56 PM
To: 'JohnG@smartekcentral.com'
Subject: RE: [ODBC] MS products and Postgres via ODBC

Hi John,
Ouch, I remember this problem from when I had to help convert a VB program
(and a VB programmer ;)) over to postgres. hmmm, couple of questions,
what's the app? and what's the error?
corey

От: "Corey W. Gibbs"
Сообщение: Re: MS products and Postgres via ODBC
От: Gelinas Robert G
Сообщение: MSAccess: input to datasheet view to a linked view in postgress.. .