Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O
Дата
Re: Identifying the nature of blocking I/O  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
Peter Schuller wrote:

> But in general, it would be very interesting to see, at any given
> moment, what PostgreSQL backends are actually blocking on from the
> perspective of PostgreSQL.

The recent work on DTrace support for PostgreSQL will probably give you
the easiest path to useful results. You'll probably need an OpenSolaris
or (I think) FreeBSD host, though, rather than a Linux host.

--
Craig Ringer

От: "Loic Petit"
Сообщение: Re: Large number of tables slow insert
От: "Scott Carey"
Сообщение: Re: Large number of tables slow insert