Re: 8.3 on FreeBSD 6.3, sudden performance degradations

От Tomasz Ostrowski
Тема Re: 8.3 on FreeBSD 6.3, sudden performance degradations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2008-09-09 09:30, Tomasz Ostrowski wrote:
> On 2008-09-08 11:46, Ivan Zolotukhin wrote:
>
>> vmstat 5
>>   procs      memory      page                   disk     faults      cpu
>>  r b  w     avm    fre   flt  re  pi  po   fr  sr am0   in    sy    cs us sy id
>> 28 77 0 2328792 793424 34813   0   0   0 4351   0  41 1913 21230 20337 14 86  0
>
> I do not know FreeBSD but can you check what is this "flt" stat? Is this
> page fault? That would be a lot of page faults for 5 seconds, which
> could mean that this server is memory starved and is swapping a lot.

Discard this. Just found a man page for FreeBSD vmstat and indeed "flt"
is a page fault, but because there's no pi (pages paged in) or po (pages
paged out) the system is not trashing.

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Install Postgres on a SAN volume?
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Install Postgres on a SAN volume?