Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane napsal(a):

> I'm not a Solaris user

I can sent you a installation media ;-), if you want.

> , but I'd be kinda surprised if Solaris' own
> libraries were built with gcc --- Sun has their own compiler no?

Yes, sun studio. It is not installed by default, but it is possible to
download it from http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/downloads/. It is
highly recommended to use sun studio compiler on SPARC. GCC is slower
(~30%) and generates slower and sometimes buggy code on SPARC.

Solaris 10 is compiled with Sun Studio 10, however integrated PostgreSQL
is compiled with Sun Studio 11. Only gcc is compiled with gcc :-).

        Zdenek

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: 64-bit Compile Failure on Solaris 10 with OpenSSL
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Very weird problem of "order by" in postgresql