Re: Choosing a filesystem

От Craig James
Тема Re: Choosing a filesystem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Laszlo Nagy wrote:
> I cannot spend more money on this computer, but since you are all
> talking about battery back up, I'll try to get money from the management
> and buy this:
>
> Intel® RAID Smart Battery AXXRSBBU3, optional battery back up for use
> with AXXRAK18E and SRCSAS144E.  RoHS Complaint.

The battery-backup is really important.  You'd be better off to drop down to 8 disks in a RAID 1+0 and put everything
onit, if that meant you could use the savings to get the battery-backed RAID controller.  The performance improvement
ofa BB cache is amazing.

Based on advice from this group, configured our systems with a single 8-disk RAID 1+0 with a battery-backed cache.  It
holdsthe OS, WAL and database, and it is VERY fast.  We're very happy with it.

Craig

От: James Mansion
Сообщение: Re: Effects of setting linux block device readahead size
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Choosing a filesystem