Re: declare column update expression

От Artacus
Тема Re: declare column update expression
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 > That means I have to then go through all my code and make sure I set
 > the fields value. If I forget to modify one statement, things will
 > break.

Right, that's why the right answer for what you want to do is to have a
trigger. I was just giving you an alternative since you didn't like the
trigger answer.

> Do you have a superuser account?  Pretty sure you gotta have that to
> create lang.  OTOH, plpgsql is a "safe" language once installed, so
> you should be able to ask your hosting provider to install it.  Can't
> hurt to ask.

For plpgsql I don't believe it actually "installs" anything. The docs
make it sound more like it activates it. So as long as you own your
database you should be able to

createlang plpgsql

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: declare column update expression
От: Artacus
Сообщение: Re: psql scripting tutorials