Re: Block-level CRC checks

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: Block-level CRC checks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera napsal(a):

> This code would be run-time or compile-time configurable.  I'm not
> absolutely sure which yet; the problem with run-time is what to do if
> the user restarts the server with the setting flipped.  It would have
> almost no impact on users who don't enable it.

I prefer runtime configuration. Solaris has two filesystems UFS, ZFS.
ZFS offers strong error detection and a another CRC is overhead. You
need mechanism how to enable this feature on UFS and disable on ZFS. I
suggest to have it as tablespace property and for default tablespace you
can setup it in initdb phase.

    Zdenek