Seek within Large Object, within PL/* function?

От Adam Seering
Тема Seek within Large Object, within PL/* function?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
    I'm new here, apologies if this is the wrong list...

    I'm playing around with storing custom preprocessed data structures
within Large Objects.  I'd like to be able to write a custom function
that will, within a query, let me select out particular bytestrings from
the middle of a Large Object (within C, I think 'lo_lseek' and 'lo_read'
would get me what I want).

    I'd like to do so from some PL/* embedded language, rather than a
compiled C module.  I can't find any documentation on doing this,
though.  Is it possible?  Thoughts?

Thanks,
Adam