Re: two or more pg installations running as the same user

От Chris
Тема Re: two or more pg installations running as the same user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Grzegorz Jas'kiewicz wrote:
> hey folks,
>
> I am thinking about testing enviroment here, and gotta setup temporary
> instalation of postgres for that. More than one, because software
> operates on few different connections, to different databases.
> I know I can do it under same user, just by changing PGDATA/PGPORT
> before initdb gets to run. But will it be safe otherwise ?

Yep.

If they are different versions of postgres (eg 8.2/8.3), make sure you
initdb with the right one :)

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Cannot restore table using pg_restore
От: "Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz"
Сообщение: Re: two or more pg installations running as the same user