Re: Refactor ssl tests to avoid using internal PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster methods

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Refactor ssl tests to avoid using internal PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 31 May 2023, at 15:46, Melih Mutlu <m.melihmutlu@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was comparing this new restart function to start and stop functions.
> I see that restart() does not return a value if it's successful while
> others return 1.
> Its return value is not checked anywhere, so it may not be useful at
> the moment. But I feel like it would be nice to make it look like
> start()/stop(). What do you think?

It should absolutely return 1, that was an oversight.  Fixed as well as
documentation updated.

>> command_fails(
>>    [ 'pg_ctl', '-D', $node->data_dir, '-l', $node->logfile, 'restart' ],
>>    'restart fails with incorrect SSL protocol bounds');
>
> There are two other places where ssl tests restart the node like
> above. We can call $node->restart in those lines too.

Fixed in the attached v2.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: "Joel Jacobson"
Сообщение: Do we want a hashset type?
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: Do we want a hashset type?