Re: PostgreSQL vs Oracle

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Victor Nawothnig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some recent and hopefully genuine comparisons between
> Oracle and PostgreSQL regarding their performance in large scale
> applications. Tests from real world applications would be preferable
> but not required. Also differentiations in different areas (i.e.
> different data types, query structures, clusters, hardware, etc.)
> might be helpful as well.

Victor, Oracle expressly forbids, in their license agreement, anyone
from publishing performance comparisons between Oracle and any other
product.  So you will rarely find anyone willing to publicly provide you
any performance numbers.

Difference in data structures, etc, are fairly easy to determine.
Anyone can read the Oracle documentation.

--
Guy Rouillier

От: Scott Carey
Сообщение: Query planner plus partitions equals very bad plans, again
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: dbt-2 tuning results with postgresql-8.3.5