Re: Application name patch - v2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Application name patch - v2
Дата
Re: Application name patch - v2  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I thing, so change of original name should generate warning.

> Well, if other people think that's necessary, it's certainly possible.

I think Pavel's entire line of argument is utter nonsense.  He's setting
up a straw man that has nothing to do with any actually likely use of
the variable.

I do agree with Peter's concerns about limiting the character set of the
name string, and maybe there should be some sort of length limit too.

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Application name patch - v2
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Application name patch - v2