Re: temporarily stop autovacuum

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: temporarily stop autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-10 at 10:15 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way to stop autovacuum temporarily?(other than edit
>> postgresql.conf and reload it) Pgpool-II does not want autovacuum
>> running while doing "onlie recovery".
>
> It would be a significant hack but you could update pg_autovacuum to set
> all relations to false.

Which will no longer work in 8.4.

More generally, it was pointed out to me that users apparently do
updates of pg_autovacuum to change settings on a bunch of tables at
once.  We might get some complaints if we remove that facility.

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: DISCARD ALL failing to acquire locks on pg_listen
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: WIP: hooking parser