Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)

От KaiGai Kohei
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Can't it be kept separately maintained release for a version or two, so
> that we will have both PostgreSQL and SE-PostgreSQL and thus have an
> easy way to compare both correctness and performance ?
>
> Anyone remember how did Linux implement/introduce SE Linux ?

SELinux has been distributed as a part of mainlined Linux 2.6.x
series for the recent five years. It can be enabled/disabled on
both of compile time and system bootup time, by user's preference.

SELinux is implemented as a security module on the LSM framework
which provides a set of neutral hooks for any other stuffs.
SE-PostgreSQL also had a similar stuff named as PGACE, but I agreed
an opinion that we (pgsql-hackers) don't want in-code framework two
months ago, so the PGACE has gone now.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: parallel restore fixes
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1704)