Re: Read data from text file - SOLVED?

От Just E. Mail
Тема Re: Read data from text file - SOLVED?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Just E. Mail wrote:
> I am making progress but still not there.
>
> Using pgADMIN, I created database name 'my_db'. Under 'my_db', I
> created a 'SCHEMA' named 'test' (so under 'my_db' there are two
> SCHEMAs ; public & test). I use the command to read a schema text file:
>
> % psql   my_db   radius  <  schema.sql
>
> and each time the tables are created in the 'public' schema. How to
> direct 'psql' command to insert the tables into the 'text' (or any
> other SCHEMA I so desire)?
I believe I figured out how to solve this problem:

1. No need to create my own database 'my_db',
2. Create a new SCHEMA in the 'postgre' database,
3. set search path to my SCHEMA,
4. Load/insert data from a text file.

That's it. I have not tried it yet but the research I did shows that it
will work.

Jenn

От: Tanuwijaya
Сообщение: Re: cannot install postgres
От: "Just E. Mail"
Сообщение: Re: Read data from text file - SOLVED?