Re: Calling a Postgres utility in pgpsql function

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Calling a Postgres utility in pgpsql function
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Vish Phaneendra a écrit :
> [...]
> Is it possible to call a postgres utility from pgpsql function? I'm
> trying to get the table definition using the pgpsql function.
>
> CREATE FUNCTION table_definition(text) RETURNS text AS $$
> pg_dump -st $1
> $$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

No, you can't with PL/pgsql. But you can certainly do that with
untrusted PL like PL/Perlu or PL/Pythonu.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

От: Vish Phaneendra
Сообщение: Calling a Postgres utility in pgpsql function
От: "Sufficool, Stanley"
Сообщение: Re: Calling a Postgres utility in pgpsql function