Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> I observe that the substantial amount of care we have taken over
> XLogFlush's handling of bad-input-LSN scenarios has been completely
> destroyed by the UpdateMinRecoveryPoint patch, which will fail
> disastrously (leaving the database unstartable/unrecoverable) if a
> bogusly large LSN is encountered during recovery.

Note that we don't update minRecoveryPoint to the LSN from the data
page, but to the LSN of the last replayed WAL record. A warning similar
to that at the end of XLogFlush() would be a good idea though, if the
data page LSN is greater.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode