Re: pg_check_queries.pl: an ineffective way to check for slow queries?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: pg_check_queries.pl: an ineffective way to check for slow queries?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com> wrote:

> What luck have others of you had with devising a way to monitor if
> your PostgreSQL server is "slow" ?

For web apps we submit HTTP requests to our renderers periodically,
and monitor the response time.  Of course, this tests the whole stack,
but that's a good thing from our perspective.

For other software, we log queries which take more than two seconds,
and investigate performance complaints from our end users.  There is
too much variation in run times, partly based on selection criteria
entered by users at run time, for us to want to automatically alert
based on run time.

Ultimately, for us, the only performance metric which really matters
for much of our software is user satisfaction with response time.

-Kevin

От: Mark Stosberg
Сообщение: pg_check_queries.pl: an ineffective way to check for slow queries?
От: "Benjamin Krajmalnik"
Сообщение: Re: Statistical tracking issue