Re: Higher TOAST compression.

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Higher TOAST compression.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sorry I responded that quickly this early.  I keep having additional
thoughts....
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> And especially, how could you have per-column targets?
> Yeah, this would have to be done by table, not by column.
If we had an optional two targets by column, we could pass any columns
with such targets as a "step 0", before starting the tuple size
checks.  I think that makes sense, so I'm flip-flopping on that as a
possibility.
Now, whether that's overkill is another question.
-Kevin

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Higher TOAST compression.
От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: revised hstore patch