Re: BUG #5028: CASE returns ELSE value always when type is"char"

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: BUG #5028: CASE returns ELSE value always when type is"char"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> writes:

>> go with the suggestion of having a character string literal type,
>> and change the semantics such that if there is a valid
>> interpretation of the statement with the character string literal
>> taken as text, it should be used; if not, resolve by current
>> "unknown" rules.
>
> There is already a weak preference for resolving unknown as text in
> the presence of multiple alternatives.  So I'm not sure that you're
> suggesting anything different from what happens now.

It is certainly different for the example I gave up-thread involving
"char".  Perhaps that is a very unique and isolated situation.

-Kevin

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5028: CASE returns ELSE value always when type is"char"
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5028: CASE returns ELSE value always when type is"char"