Re: Privileges and inheritance

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Privileges and inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon,

> A small addition though, please. This functionality has been available
> since 8.1 and changing things could cause existing people's scripts to
> fail when they upgrade. If we make this change then we should make sure
> that explicitly GRANTing a permission on the child tables does not fail.

You seem to have misunderstood the patch.  We're not disabling the
ability to GRANT permissions on individual child tables.  We're just
disabling the child table permissions check if someone comes in through
the master.

And we'll *definitely* need to warn people about the security implications.

--Josh Berkus