compiling postgres with static libraries?

От u235sentinel
Тема compiling postgres with static libraries?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Is there a way to compile postgres with static libraries instead of dynamic?

I know it will make the binaries bigger but I have a need to do this.

I've been reading through the make/automake, cc, gcc and ld man pages
AND googling a bit.  Not getting it to run properly.  When I run the
./configure it says cc cannot create a test object when I try -d n, -B
static or -static.

What am I missing?

I'm thinking this is something I need to do with ld and use LDFLAGS but
that's just a guess.

Thanks!