Re: Concurrency testing

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: Concurrency testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

David Fetter wrote:
> 1.  Test situations which require more than one connection, possibly
> to different clusters, for example in the cases of Hot Standby and
> Streaming Replication.  This further divides into event-based and
> time-based tests.  It's this situation I had in mind when I posted,
> and it was inspired by bugs I've seen, the most recent being in
> writeable CTEs.

Hm.. not sure what you mean by time-base tests, but to me that
distinction sounds like regression vs. performance testing. Or do you
think of time-based regression tests? I certainly favor regression tests
that are event-based, as I've run into too many false errors due to
unexpected timings already.

> 2.  Test situations which require *many* connections in order to find
> issues caused, in essence, by load.
>
> Tsung seems well-suited to the latter.

Agreed. I would also note here, that Tsung seems especially well suited
for performance testing of clustered solutions, as you very likely have
to cluster the testing agents as well to put a decent load on the SUT.

Regards

Markus Wanner