Re: Concurrency testing

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Concurrency testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Markus Wanner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>> I even started a DBT2 implementation as tsung modules, back when
>> returning from pgcon 2006:
>>
>>  http://tapoueh.org/misc.html#sec7
>>  darcs get http://pgsql.tapoueh.org/dbt2-tsung/
>
> Now *that* is very cool! I definitely need to have a look at it.
>
> Have you tried Sun Faban? It allows to manage test runs, compare test
> results and configurations and features a web interface. Pretty nice
> as well. But it's all Java, which I like even less than Perl.
>
> However, as far as I know, neither of the two support downloading code
> from a repository and building automatically, before testing. While
> the buildfarm already does that (partly, testing single patches would
> be a nice to have, too).

It does, sort of. It has a switch called --from-source which lets you
specify a local source repository, which can be something you've applied
a patch to.

Use of this switch disables fetching the source code, checking it for
cleanliness, and uploading the results to the central server.

It was designed for testing patches.

Here's how I use it:
   pushd srcroot/HEAD   cp -a pgsql pgsql.thistest   cd pgsql.thistest   cvs update   patch -p 0 <
/path/to/patch_to_test  popd   ./run_build.pl --verbose --from-source=`pwd`/srcroot/HEAD/pgsql.thistest

cheers

andrew

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] contrib/plantuner - enable PostgreSQL planner hints
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Writeable CTEs and side effects