Re: Using views for row-level access control is leaky

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Using views for row-level access control is leaky
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> The most useful "automatic" annotation I can see is to treat functions
> implementing B-tree operators as safe. I *think* that's safe, anyway.

Index lookups and single-type comparisons were the only things I could
come up with as safe. Unless there is some way to generate an error from
geometric ops (overflow or some such).

Anything involving a type-cast can obviously be finessed. If you allow
arithmetic then you could trigger an overflow or divide-by-zero error.

Hmm - you can probably do something evil with non-UTF8 characters if you
allow string operations. Would string comparisons be safe (because a
literal would be caught before the view gets evaluated)?

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Using views for row-level access control is leaky
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: per table random-page-cost?