Should we warn users about SETs which have no effect?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Should we warn users about SETs which have no effect?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hackers,

There are some GUCs you can set in a context which will accept them, yet
they have no effect when you do.  For example, I can call SET
statement_timeout inside a function, and it has no effect whatsoever.

I'm wondering if we should be throwing a warning in these cases.  And
how many such cases there are.  Thoughts?

--Josh Berkus

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Scaling up deferred unique checks and the after trigger queue
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: String key space for advisory locks