Re: vacuumdb ERROR: out of memory

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: vacuumdb ERROR: out of memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David Kerr wrote:
>>> maintenance_work_mem = 1GB
>>
>> So evidently, when it tries to actually allocate 1GB, it can't do it.
>> Ergo, that setting is too high for your machine.
>
> seems like i've got 2GB free.

is this a 64bit postgres build?

if not, you're probably running out of virtual address space in the 32
bit user space, which is limited to like 2gb.

the other possibility, and here I'm not sure, is that
maintenance_work_mem is coming out of shared memory, and if so, you've
exceeeded your SHMMAX kernel limit.

От: David Kerr
Сообщение: Re: vacuumdb ERROR: out of memory
От: AI Rumman
Сообщение: pg_stat_user_indexes and pg_stat_user_tables description?