Re: Patch: Remove gcc dependency in definition of inline functions

От Kurt Harriman
Тема Re: Patch: Remove gcc dependency in definition of inline functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/16/2009 8:40 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera<alvherre@commandprompt.com>  writes:
>> IIRC Kurt was also on about getting rid of some ugly macros that could
>> instead be coded as inline functions (fastgetattr for example)
>
> I'd just bounce that as useless activity.  If they are macros now,
> and work, the only possible effects of changing them are negative.

fastgetattr has just been changed by Robert Haas on 10 Jan 2010:
"Remove partial, broken support for NULL pointers when fetching attributes."

Changing fastgetattr to an inline function would make it

- easier to read, modify, and review for correctness

- debuggable: could set breakpoints, single-step, display the arguments

- profilable

and would make compiler warnings appear at the definition
rather than at every invocation.

Regards,
... kurt

От: Kurt Harriman
Сообщение: Re: Patch: Remove gcc dependency in definition of inline functions
От: Marko Tiikkaja
Сообщение: Re: Writeable CTEs and empty relations