Re: FSM and VM file

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: FSM and VM file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/03/10 21:47, akp geek wrote:
> I am doing a replication of one of the database and the size of the slave
> database is growing exponentially . Right now the size of master db is 849M
> and the slave is 7GB.

> my master is 8.3 and slave is 8.4

I'm guessing your slave isn't being vacuumed. Or, perhaps you have a
long-running transaction on the slave that is preventing dead rows from
being cleaned up.

Two useful commands:

   vacuum verbose mytable;

This will show you how many rows/pages can/should be cleaned up.

   SELECT pg_size_pretty( pg_total_relation_size('mytable') );

This will show you the size of "mytable" (formatted nicely).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: createdb but revoke dropdb
От: Ben Eliott
Сообщение: Re: createdb but revoke dropdb