Re: psql feature request (\dd+)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: psql feature request (\dd+)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 14/05/2010 11:35 PM, Richard Broersma wrote:
> It'd be nice if there was a \dd+ command to return all of the comments
> of dependent objects in addition to the specified object;  i.e. all
> dependent objects related to a table for example.

What gets me with Pg's COMMENT ON is the way the comments have to be
separate from, and after, the objects they refer to. IMO it'd be
significantly preferable to have something like:

CREATE TABLE X (
    somepk integer primary key,
    cost numeric(10,2) COMMENT 'blah blah',
);

.. with a similar clause for CONSTRAINT.

Is there any particular objection to doing things this way? Or is it
just that nobody's been inclined to implement it (and fair enough, too) ?

--
Craig Ringer

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: hi,is it dangerous to only use tuple pointer through heap_getnext()?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: psql feature request (\dd+)