Re: Problem creating backup of schema

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Problem creating backup of schema
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Le 01/06/2010 16:16, Niklas Olsson a écrit :

> Hi
> I run windows xp, pgdemo 1.10.3.
> In this version I can no longer create a backup when schema has been
> changed.
> this is what I do,
>
> I have a schema in one database, export that one.
> Restore in into another database.
> Rename the schema, try to make a backup of it and get the error
>
> pg_dump: No matching schemas were found
> pg_dump: *** aborted because of error
>
> This worked in version 1.10.1 (don't know about 1.10.2)
>
> Is this meant to be and if so what is the proper way to make a backup of
> a renamed schema?

I tried that and it did work for me. My process:
* connect to db1* click on schema s1* right click to dump the schema* connect to db2* right click to restore schema s1*
refreshdb* click on schema s1* right click, properties, to rename it (new name: s2)* right click to dump the schema

And, no issues, schema s2 is dumped.

Have you forgotten a step?or did I? did you try on 1.12 beta?

--
Guillaumehttp://www.postgresql.frhttp://dalibo.com

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin svn 8390 copy/paste numeric fields
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: sudden program termination: no warning, error, or crash