Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 09/21/2010 08:05 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Hmm, no reason? The reason is that the alternative is that the session
> would hang until a standby arrived that offered that level of service.
> Why would you want that behaviour? Would you really request that option?

I think I now agree with Simon on that point. It's only an issue in
multi-master replication, where continued operation would lead to a
split-brain situation.

With master-slave, you only need to make sure your master stays the
master even if the standby crash(es) are followed by a master crash. If
your cluster-ware is too clever and tries a fail-over on a slave that's
quicker to come up, you get the same split-brain situation.

Put another way: if you let your master continue, don't ever try a
fail-over after a full-cluster crash.

Regards

Markus Wanner

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Needs Suggestion