Re: how to PG close session

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: how to PG close session
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Little, Douglas" <DOUGLAS.LITTLE@orbitz.com> wrote:

> We have a number of long running java/jdbc applications that wait
> for events and then extract data from PG.
> During the time the apps are running,   The app is maintaining
> active connections to PG.
> Is there a way that we can close/terminate the pg session so that
> the connections don't consume resource unnecessarily.

A relatively small number of such connections shouldn't be a
problem.  It's hard to make concrete suggestions on so little
information, but I would point out that you can write and install
your own functions which can do just about anything you want,
including making network connections.  So, hypothetically, you could
register to receive certain information on a certain event in some
"requests" table, with a URL to signal when the event occurs, and
disconnect.  Some trigger could recognize that an event has
occurred, and call a function to signal the given URL.

Just about anything is possible, it's just a Simple Matter Of
Programming....

-Kevin