Re: Simple (hopefully) throughput question?

От Nick Matheson
Тема Re: Simple (hopefully) throughput question?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Andy-
> I have no idea if this would be helpful or not, never tried it, but
> when you fire off "select * from bigtable" pg will create the entire
> resultset in memory (and maybe swap?) and then send it all to the
> client in one big lump.  You might try a cursor and fetch 100-1000 at
> a time from the cursor.  No idea if it would be faster or slower.
I am pretty sure we have tried paged datasets and didn't see any
improvement. But we will put this on our list of things to double check,
better safe than sorry you know.

Thanks,

Nick

От: Nick Matheson
Сообщение: Re: Simple (hopefully) throughput question?
От: Nick Matheson
Сообщение: Re: Simple (hopefully) throughput question?