Re: Postgres forums ... take 2

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Postgres forums ... take 2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/16/2010 08:43 PM, Elliot Chance wrote:
> Alrighty, here are the revised plans for beta3:
>
> --- Changes / Fixes
>
> * Without a doubt everyone one wants the forums to match the mailing lists. I personally think that this defeats the
wholepurpose of a forum, but i'm here to do what the community thinks is best. The extra forums that are not connected
witha mailing list will be removed. And some of the forums renamed - i'll leave that part up to you to decide amongst
yourselves.

On a bit of a side-note, I'm increasingly wishing Stack Overflow had a
mail interface. I take Greg's point that it's an increasingly key place
for people (especially people not otherwise engaged in the community) to
seek information and help. It's a pity that there doesn't seem to be a
good way to connect the StackOverflow postgresql discussion in some way
that makes it more visible on the main community resources.

I think Greg may have a point when questioning whether adding a forum
interface is overly useful, given that Stack Overflow already exists and
doesn't see all that much attention. OTOH, maybe forums will draw people
who otherwise ask on S.O. to the community, providing a bit of a bridge.
It's worth a try.

--
Craig Ringer

От: Scott Mead
Сообщение: Re: where is pg_stat_activity (and others) in the documentation?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Postgres forums ... take 2