Re: How to get FK to use new index without restarting the database

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: How to get FK to use new index without restarting the database
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 16/12/10 12:12, Eric Comeau wrote:

> The problem surfaced at one of our client installs where a maintenance
> DELETE query was running for over 24 hrs. We have since then identified
> the missing indexes and have sent the client a script to create them,
> but in our testing we could not been able to get postgres to use the new
> index for the FK cascade delete without bouncing the database.

Well, an ongoing DELETE isn't going to see a new index. I'd have thought
a new connection should though.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: performance libpq vs JDBC
От: Eric Comeau
Сообщение: Re: How to get FK to use new index without restarting the database