Re: Same stament sometime fast, something slow

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Same stament sometime fast, something slow
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Two common causes for this are blocking and overloading the I/O
> system at checkpoint.  You might want to turn on logging of
> checkpoints to see if this happens only during checkpoints.  See this
> page for techniques to look at blocking:
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Lock_Monitoring

I just updated this to mention use of log_lock_waits to help here.
Looking for patterns in log_min_duration_statement, log_checkpoints, and
log_lock_waits entries, seeing which tend to happen at the same time, is
the usual helpful trio to investigate when having intermittent slow
queries.  Of course, with Windows running on a VM, there's a hundred
other things that could be causing this completely unrelated to the
database.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        www.2ndQuadrant.us

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Same stament sometime fast, something slow
От: Scott Carey
Сообщение: Re: Question: BlockSize > 8192 with FusionIO