Re: Idle_session_timeout

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: Idle_session_timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> On Oct 4, 2023, at 9:38 AM, Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So, I thought of automating it and set the parameter idle_session_timeout to 5min. But I got a message from
applicationteam that they are getting jdbc error continuously and they are saying connection is getting terminated. So
Ihad to turn it off now.

You're not doing anything incorrectly. You just have a mismatch between expectations on the database vs application
side.

Either:

the application is allowed to keep connections open permanently, and the database has to be configured to support
enoughconnections

-OR-

the database has a more limited number of connections, and the application manages connecting and disconnecting