Re: Help making tablespaces work for my application

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Help making tablespaces work for my application
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>  If #1 was solved by using the raid approach, what happens if one of
> the disks containing one of my table spaces crashes.

if you are using raid, your tablespaces are on raid volumes comprised of
2 or more drives, any one of those drives may fail, and the full data is
still available.   if you insist on keeping your tablespaces on seperate
volumes, you'll need enough disks to have a raid for each tablespace,
thats a minimum of 2 times the tablespaces in drives.     putting all
the drives in one large raid10 (striped mirrors) and putting all your
data on that same volume will tend to distribute the IO as well as anything.

now, if you're asking what happens when a complete raid volume fails,
you could consider that a system failure, and fail the whole mess over
to a streaming standby server....  that would catch more failure cases
and be much simpler and more robust.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Oracle / PostgreSQL comparison...
От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: Relative path specified for data_directory is not working as expected